Tour & Tickets
Phone : 082 747 5726 (show days 10am to 8pm)
Land Line : 016 424 1805 (8am to 8pm daily)
Come and experience the magic of the circus. From poodles to pythons, acrobats to clowns, the McLaren Circus is great family fun at affordable prices. The McLaren Circus is currently on tour. See the tour dates and show times on this page.
The ticket prices are affordable at R100: Side Benches,R130: for Middle Raised chairs and R150 for Ringside. Children under the age of three years old enter for free (babies may sit on parents' lap). The ticket office is at the circus site and is open on show days from 10am to 8pm. Ticket holders are allowed access to the Big Top from 30 minutes prior to each show. Bookings close one hour before show time.
For telephonic bookings and enquiries call: 082 747 5726 or 016 424 1805. All those who make telephonic or email bookings must be at the ticket office at least one hour before the show time to claim their tickets. If not then those tickets may be sold to the general public on site at the ticket office.
The cost of the tickets are:
Side Benches: R100 per person
Raised Chairs: R130 per person
- Ringside Chairs: R150 per person
Available during interval include pony rides, balloon-sculpture, flickering lights,circus novelty's and photos of you with a python.
Refreshments are on sale during interval and prior to the show and include Popcorn, Candy floss, Pancakes, Hot-dogs,Slush puppies,lollipops and Cold-drinks.
The seating diagram is:
To make use of the special offer vouchers below, you will need to print out the voucher(s) and present it/them at our Ticket Office.
To do so, click on the voucher you want and then print from your web browser.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Present Voucher at Ticket Office, in form of Hard-copy
- Voucher Excludes Unreserved Seats (Valid for the R130 Raised Seats or R150 Ringside Seats)
- One Voucher Per Deal
- Valid Monday to Fridays
- Only valid ticket holders will be allowed entry.
- Right of admission is reserved.
- No smoking or any form of cameras, cell phones or recording devices are allowed.
- All vouchers and complimentary tickets are subject to change without notice and are only valid on certain dates.
- The circus programme may change without notice.
- No alcohol is allowed and entry is at one's own risk.
|Monday 15th Jan|
|Friday 19th||Potchefstroom,3pm & 7pm||3pm & 7pm|
|Saturday 20th||Potchefstroom,3pm & 7pm||3pm & 7pm|
|Tuesday 23rd||Orkney,3pm & 7pm||3pm & 7pm|
|Friday 26th||Kroonstad,3pm & 7pm||3pm & 7pm|
|Saturday 27th||Kroonstad,3pm & 7pm||3pm & 7pm|
Below is a open letter from Tony Abegglen (a highly regarded man in the circus world)
Dear McLaren's especially Duncan and David,
Please allow me to thank you for the great well attended show this afternoon. Having been involved with circuses for very many years I can honestly say this is one circus that should not be missed by any circus enthusiast or families with children.
Your programme was very entertaining, never boring and well presented. It covered the whole spectrum of audience from those who are still young at heart to the wrinkled teenagers and young children.
As far as I'm concerned just the atmosphere brought back nostalgic memories of my circus days. The smell of the animals, the saw-dust, the circus music. Everything was just wonderful and like an old-fashioned circus should be run. You have brought back the circus to basics. Well done!
I would like to congratulate you on the neatness of the grounds you played on, all your equipment, the staff's friendly attitude and smart uniforms.
One point worth mentioning is the condition of all your animals and their living quarters. One always hears the negative reports from people opposing circuses who have performing animals. Every single one of your animals were housed in clean and spacious enclosures. They all looked well fed and in good condition.
Why am I telling you all this even although you know it? It is because you care for your animals, your staff and most important the joy you bring to the audience by the way of a well managed circus should be run.
My grand children range between three years to 10 years and have never been to a circus before. Today was a highlight in their lives. The absolute pleasure they got from seeing all the animals and artists perform is something they will never forget, and the joy on their faces is something I'll never forget.
On behalf of my whole family I would like to wish you everything of the very best for the future of McLaren Circus. May you go from strength to strength.
Tony Abegglen and family.
- Enjoy South Africa's favourite circus, the circus that roars with fun.
- The McLaren Circus aims to reintroduce the magic and variety of an old fashioned travelling circus via fun, balancing; contorting, tumbling, juggling and displays of agility.
- Travelling with this delightful band of gypsies is a fluffy entourage. Poodles, ponies, camels and pythons all compete with clowns, fire-eaters, sword swallowers and other colourful characters for attention.
- The taste of popcorn and candy floss adds to the nostalgia of the candy striped red and white tent and the smell of the sawdust ring. Balloon sculptors, face painters and stilt walkers complete the carnival atmosphere and all snap to attention at the crack of the ringmasters’ whip!